Wednesday, December 01, 2004

sad

So...there are a lot of infertility blogs out there. A while ago, a friend pointed me to in the barren season. Persephone (the ITBS blogger) is a frum Jew, and at first she thought her inability to get pregnant was tied to taharat hamishpacha. Unfortunately, that's not the case. (Unfortunately because, as annoying as it would be, delaying ovulation or getting pregnant via pre-mikvah IUI is not the worst thing in the world.) Anyway, through her blog I found Chez Miscarriage, which seems to be a fairly hoppin' node of IF blogging and tracking. CM led me to a little pregnant, which seems to have the longest list ever of IF (and formerly IF) blogs.

Yeah, so, what it all boils down to: I want to go hug my mother. I want to hold her and cry with her and hear about all the pain and sadness she went through before she had me and in all the infertile years that came after. I want to thank her for being so brave and determined, and I want to apologize for any way in which I made it more difficult for her (and, believe me, I have many memories from my childhood that, upon examination, probably tore her heart to pieces).

I also want to tell her how much I miss her, but that's a story for another day.