Monday, January 02, 2006

Cut down before I've even begun

Apparently some of my friends can't read. Let me make this a little clearer. You see this privacy statement in my sidebar?
I blog anonymously for a reason. You may think you know who I am, and you may very well be correct. However, I don't want to know about it. This blog is my "safe space" and I want to speak my mind here without accountability to friends and relatives. If that means that I end up insulting you on these pages, I'm sorry. Take comfort in the idea that you may be wrong about my identity after all. And, no, obviously "Ezra" is not my husband's real name.

Note the part in bold. That means that if you know me, or you think you know me, even if you are 100% sure of who I am, don't tell me. Ever. Not even to say that you haven't told anyone else. Because I'm not even asking you to keep this information private from your spouse or siblings or parents or friends - just me.

I can't believe that I have to write this, but one of you has already managed to fail at this one fairly simple task, and I think Ovaries on Strike is going to have to disappear as quickly as it came into existence. Thanks a lot.

If you think you know me, and this is keeping you from reading or commenting, please read this.

At 11:31 AM, January 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people don't know how to read the sidebars? That's my guess anyway. But it would be really unfortunate should you disappear. Please don't! And anyone else who thinks you know who she is, button up! RIGHT NOW!

 
At 11:47 AM, January 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no. I live in fear of being discovered. I put a similar warning in my "about" page because I didn't know how to put text in my sidebar on typepad, otherwise I'd have put it front and center just as you did.

Hopefully your "friend" will wise up and grow up and SHUT UP! Geez. But please don't leave. :-)

 
At 4:47 PM, January 02, 2006, Blogger Lut C. said...

Not cool!

I'm also a bit paranoïd about being discovered. I wouldn't feel free to write wat I wanted otherwise.
My 'about page' is vague to the extreme. I am writing under an alias, as you have probably guessed.
And I don't blog from work, ever. I don't want some unsuspecting colleague to see this over my shoulder or stumble accross it in my browsing history or bookmarks. Also, at work, I should try to forget about IF and work.

I hope you decide to stay. If you do decide to leave this blog, please consider starting a new one. You could send us the new URL by mail.

You could password protect your blog, though that would seriously limit your readership.

Please don't just disappear, but let us know if you decide to call it quits.

Either way, good luck to you.

 
At 9:25 PM, January 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! I really hope you decide to stick around, R.B.

I understand if you feel the need to go, but I would hate to have you disappear. Partially for self interested reasons, since I was also recently diagnosed with PCOS, am an observant Jew, and am trying to navigate the treatment options and emotional issues (I am the anon poster of your December 26 post). And partially since in general I feel that is very important and helpful for blogs such as yours to exist.

Please don't go...

 
At 9:49 PM, January 02, 2006, Blogger projgen said...

RB, you keep yourself right here! And tell that person to butt out. Then ignore them. Besides, you know how many (sadly) women suffering from PCOS in the Orthodox world there are? How do they know for sure you are really you? I hope the buttinsky gets the point soon.

 
At 7:00 AM, June 07, 2022, Anonymous Veronica D said...

Grreat post thankyou

 

Speak up!

<< Home