Monday, December 26, 2005

Reading Material

Many thanks to persephone for pointing me to Things get IF'fy. I've read through Lut C's archives, then poked around a bit on her blog list and found myself reading more. Perfecty Infertile Jill and whitechocolatebabydream are now both under my belt, and I'm starting to find a community to barge into. I think. Maybe if I bring a casserole as a peace offering, they'll be my friends. Or brownies. Everyone like brownies.

At 6:10 AM, December 28, 2005, Blogger Lut C. said...

I saw your blog announced over at Persephone's blog. Seeing my blog mentionned gave me quite a surprise. Who, me? But I don't know anything!

So, if you're looking for other new IF's, you've come to the right place.
What you said in "Where have all the cowboys gone?" is my feeling exactly. I'm happy to see that treatment actually works of course, but I also feel a little left behind.

If I find any more newbies, I'll post them on my blog.

Take care.

 
At 6:18 AM, December 28, 2005, Blogger Lut C. said...

On a technical note, I get a Page Not Found error when trying to comment. This happens when I click on "speak up". The problem seems to be that there is a space in the URL behind the link. You can see it when you hover over the link.
When you click on it, the space is translated to %20.
http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?%20blogID=13364300&postID=113562645656360801

Perhaps a superfluous space in your template?
Or am I the only one getting this problem?

 
At 10:06 AM, December 28, 2005, Blogger Robber Barren said...

lut c. - Thanks for the tech tip! I fixed the problem (and got myself on a whole template-tweaking kick, so anyone who'se been visiting over the past hour or so...no, your eyes are not decieving you, the look of the page really has been changing over and over and over again).

 
At 11:54 AM, December 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like brownies, so I'll be your friend. :-) And I hate segulas too.

I know that you want to meet people who are travelling the same path as you are right now, and you will--for sure, you will. But us oldtimers can also be a good resource for you, so don't hesitate to send out an SOS for anything you need. How to give a shot? We've got it covered. What's the significance of the estrogen level on cycle day 6? We've got that covered too. Unfortunately, the one thing we don't have covered is prophecy, so I can't tell you whether you've got a 10 month or a 10 year wait ahead of you. (Hopefully it's the former and not the latter.)

Welcome to the infertility blogosphere! :-)

 
At 2:14 PM, December 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see that Metformin alone didn't work for you. The same thing happened to me. I was given a combination of Metformin and Avandia. Six weeks later I got pregnant. I used a regular endocrinologist, though. I know that more REs are branching out to use Avandia these days, so it might be worth asking yours about it before you go on to other things. I did use Clomid before I knew about the insulin resistance medications, and in my case I just grew more cysts.

Anyway, the dosages that worked for me were 2 mg Avandia plus 1000 mg Glucophage XR, both taken once daily at dinner. I know that there is a combo pill called Avandamet now. The two drugs work very well together. Glucophage/Metformin works on the liver and Avandia works on the muscle tissues. These are the only two body tissues that store sugar as glycogen, and for some of us it takes getting both back in order to make ovulation resume.

Good luck no matter what!!!

Celeste

 
At 4:24 PM, December 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

R.B. - I found your blog through persephone's, and I must tell you how excited I am that you are deciding to share your blog with the public.

I too was recently diagnosed with PCOS. In fact, our first blood draws for hormone levels were around the same time in early June (Yes, I already read through your archives. I did mention I was excited, right?)

I'm very much looking forward to reading your blog, and I hope that we will all be able to say b'shaah tovah to you soon.

(By the way, if you happen to be in the NYC area and are looking for a new RE at any point, I can recommend someone.)

 

Speak up!

<< Home