Sunday, December 25, 2005

Where Have All the Cowboys Gone?

I feel like everywhere I turn, the IF blogging world is filled with pregnant women. I know, intellectually, it's not true...but I can't seem to find the women of my generation (as it were). Julie, Getupgrrl, Persephone, Cecily - these are among the women I followed over the past year or more, when I was taking my first few steps toward starting to try to maybe have a baby. All of them - pregnant or mothers now. I click on random links from Julie's famous List-o-Blogs, and it seems like everyone is either pregnant or adopting. There's almost no one just starting out. No one like me.

I know it's not true. I know that Wessel, among others, still has her battle to fight. But even those women...they're old hat at this. They know what they're doing. Maybe I just never click over to the right places, but what I'm looking for now is someone like me, someone else who's new to this game, who is just starting treatment, who has no idea whether a baby is ten months away or ten years, who doesn't know whether the child will come through IUI or IVF or surrogacy or international adoption or only in her dreams. I know these women are out there, and their blogs must be out there too, but WHERE?

At 3:25 PM, December 25, 2005, Blogger persephone said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:25 PM, December 25, 2005, Blogger persephone said...

bad html! yoy. ok, let me try that again: here's one I came across recently - Things Get IF'fy

 
At 11:43 AM, December 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are a few cowboys whose blogs I keep up with:

http://barrenmare.typepad.com/barrenmare/

http://herveryown.typepad.com/herveryown/

http://infertilenotinferior.blogspot.com/

http://fertilityproject.blogspot.com/

 
At 7:48 PM, December 28, 2005, Blogger projgen said...

Hi rb,
Well, I've already gone through one cycle, so *technically* I'm not new, but it was only our first cycle, and it was just a few months ago, so I am definitely in the "no idea when..." camp.

And definitely not 'old hat' - I haven't yet learned how to tell my doctor, "but what about this...?"

(ps: welcome!)

 
At 2:53 PM, January 29, 2006, Blogger Linda said...

I'm a newbie as well...only one cycle of Clomid under my belt--and unmonitored at that! Thanks to the huge referral wait, we have no idea when we'll even start treatment, let alone have a real chance at conception. You're not alone!

 
At 1:24 PM, April 07, 2006, Blogger Sami said...

I read the "cowboys" but I have definitely wondered where my niche would be. I'm in my second cycle of injectables... and enjoy your blog.

 
At 8:17 PM, July 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just joined the club today. Looking for others to commiserate with. Will be starting my blog shortly.

 
At 11:33 PM, September 29, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Speak up!

<< Home