Sunday, April 30, 2006

On Your Mark, Get Set...

Cycle Day 2. Right on schedule. I called the clinic's main office today and spoke to an on-call nurse to log the start of my cycle and set up my first screening (Nurse Space Cadet advised me that calling over the weekend would give me a better shot at a 7 AM appointment). Mr. Dildocam and I have a hot date for first thing this Friday morning, and if my ovaries know what's good for them they will kick themselves into gear by then.

In about an hour Tomorrow (read the sign, moron) I'll head off to the pharmacy to pick up the happy, happy drugs. No, wait, they didn't prescribe any of those for me. Oh well, I'll take what I can get. And pay cash.

Tomorrow I call Admin Tardy (who probably doesn't deserve that name) to (drumroll, please) schedule an HSG for next Monday, which will be day 10 of my cycle and either day 4 or day 5 of my shiva neki'im. A little later than Rabbi Spock recommended (he said day 2 or day 3), but I can do this only on weekdays, and there's too much of a chance that Friday will turn out to be day 1 (of shiva neki'im, are you paying attention?), so Monday it will have to be. Which is cool, because I think this means that EJW and I will be HSG buddies. Except that just sounds so twee. I would call us "HSG comrades" instead, but I fear that McCarthyism could rear its ugly head again at any point, and it won't do to have myself arrested and blacklisted.

I start injections on Tuesday, day 4 of my cycle (shifted later than the usual day 2 or 3 to give us a better chance of my not being niddah at ovulation). After much deliberation, we decided on 7:00-7:15 PM as my injection window, which is late enough to be sure I'll be home from work almost every day even with traffic (and I'll buy a little travel cooler bag for the days I won't be due to other commitments), but early enough not to interfere with dinner plans on Shabbat. Also, conveniently, early enough that Ezra almost never has to watch me giving myself a shot. Hmmm....

Labels:

At 12:41 PM, April 30, 2006, Blogger EJW said...

As twee as it sounds, I'm thrilled to be HSG buddies with you! Let's hope for all clear for everyone that day!

 
At 3:16 PM, April 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you're going to have an HSG done--it's good to rule that out earlier rather than worrying about it later. Hopefully it will go easily for you and you won't be niddah at ovulation. FWIW, I only spotted lightly for a few hours afterwards both times I had one done.

Keeping you and Ezra in my thoughts for this cycle!

 
At 11:38 PM, April 30, 2006, Blogger Linda said...

"So twee." I love that phrase! I'm going to start using it...giving you all the credit, of course.

Good luck with everything. I'll be praying.

 
At 2:42 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Lut C. said...

The amount of organizing you need to do is incredible. And I thought figuring out what to tell my boss was bad. ;-)

Good luck with the HSG. I hope it's no worse than uncomfortable and you get the all clear.

 
At 11:45 AM, May 02, 2006, Blogger electriclady said...

Glad you got all the scheduling worked out. Good luck!

 

Speak up!

<< Home