Sunday, March 19, 2006

Clomid Round One: Bust

Nurse Space Cadet (I think) called with my results a little while ago. Shocker: my follicles aren't growing. I hadn't noticed. She had all of my blood numbers from Friday and today, too:

Estrogen - Friday: < 20; Sunday: 36.8
LH - Friday: 23; Sunday: 16
Pregesterone - Friday: 0.242; Sunday: < 0.20

Dr. Quixotic is not working this weekend, but the doctor who took a look theorizes that this cycle is a bust. I am to call Nurse Doesn'tHaveANameYet tomorrow, at which point I will receive "further instructions." Which are likely to be: Provera reset, followed by a 100 mg Clomid cycle.

A quick peek at the calendar tells me that I can't have my next cycle start before April 12, as Ezra and I will be away for Passover and so I can't get any monitoring done before April 24. So, my next challenge is to explain to Nurse NoName (please, people, help me give the poor lady a moniker!) why I don't want to start taking Provera until March 28 or so.

In other news, I had a lovely crying jag when I realized that we now have no chance of having a baby in 2006. Well, I guess we have a chance, but it would involve premature delivery and stuff and that's no fun.

Happy Fucking Spring.

Labels:

At 4:43 PM, March 19, 2006, Blogger persephone said...

Oh Robbie, I'm sorry!!

I know you're trying to take the long view - at least your doctor learned something about protocol, at least you don't have to slog through weeks of monitoring only to find out the same thing, at least there are many many higher dosages and better drugs they can try... but the short view stinks.

Big hugs to you.

 
At 9:27 PM, March 19, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

I'm sorry to hear that this cycle did not work for you!! It is a misserable feeling. As for explaining to your doctor about the Provera, it is your body and you should take the medicine when you are ready. Last cycle they told me to take it, and I didn't. I didn't feel comfortable with their timing and so I just waited. You need to do what you feel is right. In the end you know your body.

 
At 11:32 AM, March 20, 2006, Blogger persephone said...

OK, I can't believe I said "at least." Is that not the the cardinal sin?

Please cancel it out with the hugs.

 

Speak up!

<< Home