Sunday, May 14, 2006

Bleary

By way of explanation: the ultrasound showed pretty much no change since Friday: lots of little follicles on the left; multiple follicles on the right wih the biggest around 10 mm. And, um, the "fucking bitches" were my ovaries, or the follicles thereupon, not my readers. But...my estradiol today was 173 - a pretty significant jump. My dose stays at 100 units at least until my Tuesday scan.

To those of you encouraging me to push for a higher dose: yes, I'm frustrated with the situation, and it would be lovely to see some real action down there, but jumping to a higher does is not the right move at this time. This is my first-ever injectibles cycle and we don't know how my body will respond. Combine that with PCOS (lots of follicles) and my relatively young age (under 30) and I'm a prime candidate for high-order multiples and/or OHSS. Those are not desired outcomes, not in the least. We are going to hold steady on the super-conservative protocol for at least this cycle, and if that means a frustrating month followed by no ovulation whatsoever, then so be it.

Doesn't mean I'm not allowed to get frustrated, though.

Labels:

At 8:02 AM, May 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{hug}}

 
At 9:15 AM, May 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the estradiol jump is a good sign. I think it's good to be conservative, but man, you must be frustrated (not like you're letting it show or anything!)

 
At 11:38 AM, May 15, 2006, Blogger Thalia said...

Thank goodness your oestrodiol jumped, that is a good sign. I completely understand the dosing thing. Plus, increasing the dose this late doesn't actually help, or so the docs tell me. Good luck.

 
At 12:20 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger art-sweet said...

delurking to say, let those follies grow on their own time if you possibly can.

I donated my eggs to my partner.
They started me out super slow on stims because: 30, not obese, PCOSish... (lots of small follies, irregular cycles, but no other symptoms)

I didn't respond.
And didn't respond.
And then my e2 started slinking upwards.
But not fast enough so they upped the stims.

And then I wound up going from 100 something to over 5000 in a weekend.

And producing 32 frickin eggs.

Cluck, cluck.

That's just my 2cents.
Wishing you good luck...

 

Speak up!

<< Home