Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hello, Ms. Right Ovary! So nice of you to join us!

Oh, dammit. I had a lovely long witty post here, but Blogger signed me out and stupid me forgot to cut & paste before hitting the "Publish" button, and I just can't recreate it now (except for the clever title. So, short story: one follicle of 11.3 mm on the right, with a bunch of almost-10s playing along. Left is still lagging behind. E2 report later this afternoon. HSG cramps have subsided.

And, sad news for Just Another Jenny. I don't know why it took me so long to find out, and I've been having trouble trying to comment there, but...Jenny, if you're reading this: I'm so, so sorry. I hope you can find comfort (and happiness and success) soon.



Nurse Space Cadet called at about 2:00 PM. E2 is 89 (slowly edging up!) and LH is 8.90 (I don't really know what that means). The official report is that I still have lots of follicles on both sides and all are too small to be measured. But we know about the 11.3 mm Little Follicle That Could, so I'm going to hang onto that as a beacon of hope and token sign that the ovaries are finally starting to respond to negotiation tactics.

Dr. Quixotic wants me to go up to 50 units of Follistim tonight and tomorrow, which is only a tiny increase, but it is an increase nonetheless. I'll be back in for another ultrasound and bloodwork on Thursday. The bad news? The earliest appointment time I can get is 8:30 AM (at my local branch, or 8:00 AM at the main clinic, which is a wash as far as getting to work afterwards). So, another ninety minutes or so of sick time, down the drain.

That should be my worst problem, eh?

Labels:

At 12:51 PM, May 09, 2006, Blogger Jen said...

Yay!! So glad the right ovary decided to step up to the plate!

 
At 1:36 PM, May 09, 2006, Blogger x said...

Thank you so much! The support has been what is keeping me going. I am slowly feeling better, I might even give the dogs a bath.

Sounds like your following Ornery's path - things are going in the right direction. I wishing all the best for you!

 
At 8:23 PM, May 09, 2006, Blogger projgen said...

There's a quote that is halfway into my head, "upward, upward, into the..." something. Anyway, we'll keep cheering on those E2 numbers, and the Little Follicle That Could! Grow, Little Follie, grow!

 
At 11:26 AM, May 10, 2006, Blogger electriclady said...

Go right ovary! Hope the Little Follicle That Could is joined by a friend or two, too.

 

Speak up!

<< Home