Monday, January 02, 2006

don't wait by the phone

So, by mid-afternoon I finally worked up the guts to call Rabbi V. So I snuggled into Ezra's arms (the better to get some moral support) and dialed - and the line was busy. Try again five minutes later - the line is still busy. Pull out the clinic intake forms, figure out what additional family medical history information we need, try calling again - still busy. Guilt myself into davening mincha. Try again - hey, at least it rings this time. But we got the answering machine. I left a message with precisely the wrong amount of detail (though at least I remembered to speak our phone number slowly). Now, after about two and a half hours that feel like an eternity, he still hasn't called back.

Really, it's no big deal. It's not like the guy has a baby hidden away in his bookcase for us. For all I know, the extent of his involvement will be telling us to call another rabbi. But I just want another phase, no matter how small, to be over with.

Labels: ,

At 7:33 PM, January 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry that you've had to join us in the infertility blogosphere. Hoping that your stay will be short. And that the Rabbi calls you back soon.

 

Speak up!

<< Home