Monday, December 07, 2009

Breaking Radio Silence

I may have to start using this blog again...but not necessarily for the reasons most infertility blogs get revived.

There's a problem, though. Several of my readers are people who know me and my family personally. With very few exceptions, I don't want these readers to see what I'll be posting here.

I could just go and start a new blog - but the same people would eventually link to me, and the same readers would eventually find me, and with all the relevant background information I have to post it will be pretty obvious who I am.

I could password-protect this blog - but I want to leave it open to random readers, people who do not know me and likely will never find out (nor care) who I am.

So instead I think I need to just operate on trust. I am going to trust that people who know me (and, I think, consider me a friend) will respect my request:

If you know me in person, if you would recognize me walking down the street, if you could name either of my children or either of my parents - if any of those apply to you - please stop reading.

Anyone who is an exception to this rule will be contacted personally. If you are uncertain whether this request applies to you, feel free to email and ask. I will answer directly.

If you don't feel you can respect this request...well, I can't help that. But at least have the consideration to never comment, never discuss what you read here with anyone else who knows me, and never let on that you've been reading. Tough challenge, eh? Probably easier to just not read.

I'll give this a few days to settle, I think. I have other things to write anyway.

Labels: ,

At 5:57 AM, December 07, 2009, Blogger Mindy said...

I dont know you from adam. please add me.

 
At 2:14 PM, December 16, 2009, Blogger Erin said...

Hmmm, intriguing! In any event, I'm glad you're back. I hope everything is OK!

 

Speak up!

<< Home