Sunday, March 18, 2007

Here, Happy, Healthy

My children will be eight weeks old tomorrow. I've posted here only once since they've been born. I so desperately want to keep this blog going (or to start a new one, a la persephone, but I'm not quite sure when to post. Or, really, what to post. My kids need online aliases, don't they? Do I keep my name? I'm not really "Barren" any more. Do I stick to parenting posts, with a bit of (in)fertility commentary on the side? Should I fill in other areas of my life?

I used to blog elsewhere online nder my real name. I guess that technically that blog is still alive, but due to a confluence of circumstances I found myself not posting anything of substance for months on end. I didn't want to bring up my infertility, and then I didn't want to mention my pregnancy. The terms of my employment precluded me from discussing anything even vaguely political. I couldn't talk about this major stressor in my life, out of concern for other peoples' privacy. And I still can't blog about the even greater stress that arose when that was "over," even though some of you know bits and pieces of it.

What to do? I mean, after I spend the next few minutes (while the babies are still napping) emptying the dishwasher and folding laundry. Because huting through a laundry basket for a clean onesie at 3:27 AM is not our idea of fun.

Labels: ,

At 11:53 AM, March 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you keep blogging! I'd thought about you a few days ago, wondering what happened to you, you more or less disappeared once you got pregnant.

Blog about whatever the heck you feel like! Change the name, or not, doesn't matter. I'd love to hear more about your kidlets and anything else that you'd like to talk about. People will read, or not, but if you're blogging about things that are important to you it usually becomes a good read, whatever tangent it takes in the end.

 
At 3:58 PM, March 18, 2007, Blogger Rachel Inbar said...

Good to hear from you! Glad you & the little ones are doing well :-)

I'm with the blog whatever comes up approach...

 
At 8:09 AM, March 20, 2007, Blogger moo said...

Hi there! I do hope you keep blogging,although I have also fallen victim somewhat to the pregnant silent blogger plague..

Just play it by ear and my vote is to stay Robber Barren, even though the 'barrren' part has been resolved. I just like it.

Glad all is well....xxmoo

 
At 6:51 PM, March 20, 2007, Blogger miriamp said...

The smaller members of my household love your "nickname" by the way. They think it's hysterical that you think you're a Robber "because she wants to steal a baby from Shamayim" (ie Heaven). They were thrilled to pieces to hear that you also had twins (a friend of mine did at just about the same time.)

But please keep blogging. As for aliases, I guess "the girl" and "the boy" aren't good enough? How about "Wealth" and "Power"? (That's what Robber Barons are after, right?)

 
At 9:46 PM, March 23, 2007, Blogger x said...

I wish I had an answer - I have the same questions myself. I'm not sure what to do with my blog - change the title, start a new one? Just go with your gut. Either way, I love hearing about the babies.

 
At 3:50 AM, April 08, 2007, Blogger Lut C. said...

It's your blog, you can do whatever you want to.

Good to hear the twins are doing well.

 
At 1:24 PM, May 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Just wanted to know how you and the babies are doing. Give us an update when you get a chance, please.

 
At 10:35 AM, June 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course we want to hear more about the babies! You could start a new blog for that, sure, whatever you want. I highly, highly recommend blogging about their infancy. Things change so fast you need a good record. And I'd love to read more about your life in general.

A note: WE NEED BABY PICTURES.

 

Speak up!

<< Home