Monday, January 09, 2006

Just This Side of the River Styx

Generally speaking, for reasons having nothing to do with my malfunctioning repoductive system, today was not a great day. Overall, I mean. However, it had one fantastic highlight: lunch. More specifically, I had lunch with persephone. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Persephone fed me some pomegranate seeds let me eat sushi in front of her, and that was also a big happy-making part of the day. But, really, seph was the highlight. And her pretty black crocheted snood, which made kisui rosh look hip again. Also, her cute belly, and the cute sweater covering her cute belly - highights all around. Cute sweaters covering cute pregnant bellies make me happy. I know that feeling may not last forever, given my body's general aversion to producing a cute pregnant belly of its own, but - as I told seph today - I'm going to take this happy feeling and run with it for as long as I can, because, dammit, I don't want to be resentful.

I'm having a bad influence on my pregnant friend, by the way. This evening, she IM'd me the following:
Persephone: resolution for the day: not to stay up googling reasons why it's safe for me to eat sushi

No, no. You should get your sleep and do it tomorrow, silly girl!

(But you can start with this.)