Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Indecision Is My Middle Name

To IUI or not to IUI? That is the question...that I will be asking the groom (luckily, also a friend of mine) some time today. Whenever he calls me back. Okay, I won't be asking that directly, but I'm going to explain the situation to him and try to figure out how to handle it.

This morning's ultrasound showed four measurable follicles on the right (16, 14.5, 14, 14) and two on the left (13, 12) - way to go, slowpoke! The tech's opinion was that they're almost certainly going to have me trigger on Friday night for a Sunday ovulation. (The 16 mm follicle will probably be of trigger-able size tomorrow, but after this long of a cycle they're going to aim for three or four mature ones.) So the wedding vs. IUI thing is a reality, and we're going to have to deal with it. I'll ask the nurse today what the earliest possible IUI time is, and somehow we'll come up with a solution.

Labels:

At 9:57 AM, May 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great that you have the follicles going so well, though having to deal with the realities of the pictures vs. IUI thing stinks. Is there any way they'd consider moving the pictures to later? At my wedding, we did them after the ceremony and before the reception, while our guests were in the cocktail hour.

I really hope they understand your concern here and are willing to either change picture time or not have you in them without any hard feelings. She's not one of those brides who thinks that because this is her day, no one else matters, is she?

 
At 10:08 AM, May 17, 2006, Blogger Robber Barren said...

Erin, when I tried to hint around the issue at her shower a couple of weeks ago, she responded, "You having a baby is more important than you being there Saturday night for me to give you a gift." Which, yes, recognizes my situation. But when I asked her what time she absolutely needed me there for pictures, because we were worried about scheduling a procedure Sunday morning, she just repeated the line that pictures start at 11 AM, and all the bridesmaids would be included in the early pictures. So...I don't know.

 
At 10:58 AM, May 17, 2006, Blogger electriclady said...

Go ovaries! Glad they've woken up and are doing so great. And good luck with the conversation and decision...

 
At 11:28 AM, May 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've done all these drugs, made all this effort, and due to no fault of your own the timing totally sucks. If it's just missing some photos, and it's impossible to get the IUI before the photos, they really should understand.

You want to give it your best shot. No point in having the ovaries come back to a lockout!

 
At 12:33 PM, May 17, 2006, Blogger x said...

I don't know, it sounds like everything is looking so good for the IUI, it would be hard to miss now. I hope the groom is understanding and that you can come to a decision. It is a hard one.

 
At 12:42 PM, May 17, 2006, Blogger Robber Barren said...

After phone call #1 with the groom: He thinks the bride will stop short of telling me to skip the IUI, but will be very, very, very upset if I am not there for pictures. I am waiting for a nurse to call me back and let me know the earliest possible IUI time for this Sunday - if it's too late in the day the point is moot, because I'm not missing the ceremony (2 PM).

I feel like such a heel for adding more stress to their lives...

 

Speak up!

<< Home